Packing Your Suitcase - 9 Easy Steps
If you have any plans to travel over the next few months, it’s pretty much guaranteed that you’ll be packing an overnight bag, a suitcase, or a carry on to take with you. With many manufacturers cutting down on compartmental space in suitcases you'll wonder how you are ever going to organise your belongings so that they are easily accessible and identifiable at a glance.
We have the solution!
The Kazzi Kovers 100% Cotton Packing Cells collection are not only hygienic and acid-free, but they make travelling so much easier. They are the natural and safe alternative to smelly, plastic, nylon and mesh-type bags to compartmentalise your suitcase. And... they come in a range of sassy, bold colours in Packs and Mix ‘n’ Match bundles. There's a packing cell to suit everyone's taste and travel needs.
1. Lay out your garments: Lay out all the garments you may need on your trip. Place in separate piles of tops, pants, shorts, dresses, suits, shoes, toiletries and so forth - so you can clearly see what you are taking and that you don’t forget anything. Then remove half the items you think you may need so you don’t overpack. Yes, remove half the items you think you may need because surely you won't need 8 pairs of shoes! Then take inventory of the remaining items.
2. Place large or heavy clothing at the bottom: Place heavier or larger items such as hairdryers, handbags, shoes at the base of the suitcase, above the wheels, as it creates a more solid base for your belongings for when in transit. This will also make it easier to find these items when required.
3. To roll or not to roll? This is the question! If you need more space in your suitcase it is more space effective to roll your clothes. Make sure that the item are as flat as possible before you roll and that you do not roll in any wrinkles. If you have space in your suitcase or overnight bag, it is better to fold as it decreases wrinkles when items are folded along the natural garments seam. If you enjoy being organised (and saving time long-term), add acid-free tissue paper between your garments to prevent wrinkling. Work out what best suits your needs and luggage space as you may alter between roll and folding your items.
4. Pack lightweight layers: This is optimal and will work well for both hot and cold weather, as you can add more layers if it’s too cold and remove others if it gets too overheated. Pick bulkier items to wear on the plane or in the car so they don’t take up precious space or weight in your luggage (because the last think you want is an excess luggage fee). Tip: pack track pants that can double-up as pyjamas to save space. A sarong can double as a wrap.
5. Pack your delicates separately: Avoid smelly, unhygienic plastic bags at all costs. Instead, place your lingerie and underwear in a Kazzi Kover packing bag for protection of your delicates. Our 100% cotton covers are breathable and lightweight. This will make travelling so much easier. Not only will this travel range protect your items (be it; clothes, lingerie, handbags, shoes, cords and so on) but you can easily pinpoint what is inside the cotton bag by the colour range and patterns of your choice. For eg, Green Envy will have your clean lingerie inside and the Zulu Leopard print will have unclean lingerie – so you don’t mix the two. (Visit Kazzi Kovers for the full range).
6. Fragile and Personal Care Items: It is ideal to place fragile and personal care items in a padded fabric bag, preferably fully zipped to prevent breakages and leakages, respectively. They are to be kept in the center of your luggage so they’re buffered by all of your surrounding clothes. Remember that if you’re flying, any liquids or gels have to be packed into travel-sized containers and stored within a clear plastic bag in your checked luggage. Visit http://www.qantas.com.au/travel/airlines/carry-on-baggage/global/en for more information on carry on luggage.
7. Make good use of the nooks and crannies: These little spaces are awesome for socks, belts, swim suits, jewellery. Remember to place any breakables such as perfumes or souvenirs in the middle of the suitcase for extra support and padding from the clothes surrounding it.
8. Top Layer: This space is reserved for delicate fabrics such as thin cottons, linen, silk or satin items. For extra protection, place acid-free tissue paper between your garments to prevent wrinkling and use a Kazzi Kover to prevent damage. This layer is ideal if you have a suit or if you are a bride or bridesmaid heading to a destination wedding. Never use a non-woven or plastic garment cover to protect or transport or store your garments as these can cause irreparable damage such as mould, fading and discolouration (yellowing) of the garment, over time.
Our 100% Cotton Garment Bags are the perfect and safe alternative for travelling with your suits, dress, coats, jackets, wedding dress, formal attire and more. Also ideal for home and storage purposes.
Made from 100% breathable cotton fabric, these premium garment bags offer the ultimate protection against warm and cold climates and safeguard your from dust, dirt, mould and mildew. Each cream-coloured Garment Bag fits up to 3 items per bag. You'll love them!
9. Leave room for souvenirs: You all know as well as I as I do that you will be bringing home souvenirs or trinkets from your travels for your home, family and friends. If you had packed lightly from the start (refer point 1) you’ll have no problems allocating a space for these mementos in your suitcase. Refer to Point 6 if items are breakable.
- Before you seal up your suitcase, remove one more item and then take a final inventory of the remaining items. Now you’re set for that fabulous holiday! Take lots of photos and enjoy the moments.
Remember if you ‘Love it, Cover it!’
Maria Kazzi | Kazzi Kovers
SHOP NOW || Garment Bag Options | 100% Cotton
REGULAR Garment Bag 110cm (H) x 65cm (W) x 10cm (Gusset)
Ideal for Suits, Jackets, Coats, Dresses, Cocktail/Formal Dresses. Embellished and Beaded Garments, Delicate and Natural Fibres (leather, wool, silk, suede, fur, velvet), Seasonal Garments, Saris, Kaftans, All Types of Costumes, Vintage Clothing, Uniforms, Heirlooms and more..
These bundles include Regular and or Large Garment bag combinations - for when you need more than one. For example: 2 x Regular + 1 x Large Garment Bag Combo.
These We have 6 different garment bag combinations you can choose from.
We pride ourselves on providing safe and natural alternatives to Protect, Organise, Store and Travel with our range of quality covers. Visit Kazzi Kovers for our full suite of products. And remember to keep checking in for the latest products, blogs, information updates and promotions.